Valentine's Dinner Considerations
- Fine dining experience at home.
- Less work is key. Pampering is the theme.
- Start planning in January and book early.
Here is what to consider:
1. Small dinner party or dinner for two? If dinner for two, be prepared to pay at least 4 hours for the chef ($150 approximately) and $150 for each person plus gratuity. It is equivalent to going to a very fine NYC restaurant and that cost would include the travel and parking. The difference is no travel, relaxed atmosphere and no designated driver!
2. If planning a small private plated dinner for several guests (6-10+), the cost will usually range between $120-150 a guest all in depending on the menu selected. That would include a chef and one staff person that is also able to serve drinks. Also, appetizers, meal and dessert. When you consider that you are not doing the shopping, prepping, cooking, serving and cleaning up, it is an offer hard to refuse! Afterall, it is Valentines's Day...PAMPER is the word! And, consider that one cannot purchase a roast beef sandwich, chips and a drink for less than $10 anywhere. Puts it in perspective.
3. Plan now! The best of us are booked early for these events! You will love the evening and your guests will be duly impressed!