Been there... As a caterer, this is an uber busy time. I have to balance work/personal must-do's. The "Eisenhower Decision Matrix" taught me this wisdom years ago:
- Make a complete list of everything that you would like done by "X" date.
- Honestly: place each task into 1 of these quadrants:
- Important and Urgent (self-explanatory)
- Important but not urgent (exercise, staying in touch with friends/family, reading, service, date night, etc.)
- Urgent and Not Important (important to others but not you: phone calls/text messages, "got-a-minutes" with co-workers/family, unannounced visits, etc.)
- Not Urgent and Not Important (self-explanatory)
The rest is up to you. If you are completely frank with yourself by prioritizing according to the quadrants, willing to make it clear to others that your time is limited and stick with your goals, it really will bring calmness and achievement. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!